It is Good Friday, Calvary West will be hosting two services at 6p & 8p…….
Let’s meditate and commemorate the passion, suffering, and death on the cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
This is an important day in life, you don’t want to miss….
International guest speaker Christine Caine will be joining our midweek services at Calvary Kendall, 6:30p & 8:30p.
Christine is the founder of The A21 Campaign, an anti human trafficking organization.
Christine will bring a powerful message that you don’t want to miss…..
Pastor Pedro Garcia addressed a message based on the book of John: 18 and Mark: 14, titled Wipe Out Road.
Many of us experience great highs with the Lord and moments of many lows. We face wipeouts in our lives that do not just happen overnight. Several things occur before getting on the wrong track, as we see in this passage, the apostle Peter (a man of many extremes.)
We need to stay aware with the following steps to not take the wrong track.
· Let’s not be overconfident. Don’t let our guard down; don’t say we will never stumble, by trusting in yourself and not the power of God.
· Lack of prayer. Do not fall asleep. Prayer is what gives us strength and value to our lives. The less we pray the more we enter into temptation. There is something special and powerful when we pray and we are in constant contact with God.
· Do not follow the Lord at a distance, it is dangerous and will slowly drift us away. We need to be anchored down. Never take a break from the Lord, even if we and our family go on vacation.
· If we hang around with the wrong friends and crowds, it is just a matter of time that we will go back to our old ways.
· If we follow Peter’s steps, we will end up sideways. Let’s commit to stay connected with God, living in HIS presence and leaning towards HIM.